Église Saint-Martin is a striking 14th-century Gothic church that dominates the center of Colmar. The church is built of red and gold stones and is in the shape of a Latin cross. The Renaissance crown over the bell tower was added in the 16th century, following a fire.
The current structure was built on the site of two former churches – a Carolingian church dating from 1000 and a Romanesque church that followed.
The structure’s colorful tiled roofs are distinctly Alsatian.
Inside is an impressive 18th-century Baroque organ and 13th-century stained glass windows depicting notable biblical stories. Tweet