The Portugese knew what they were doing when they constructed this fort back in 1612. Fort Aguada guards the mouth of the Mandovi River and enables views over every twist and turn.
The lighthouse was built in 1894 and is the oldest of its kind in Asia.
Down the road is the peninsula’s operating lighthouse. It’s dramatically less impressive than the Portugese structure.